untitled

MONUMENTS AND MARKERS

DUP Marker

Monument of two mill burrs purchased from Brigham Young used by early settlers to grind wheat. Dedicated August 2, 1937 by the DUP Elizabeth Passey Camp at Paris.

DUP Marker #66

Monument marking the first LDS Church building in Montpelier. Dedicated July 1, 1941 by the DUP Bear Lake Company. 

DUP Marker #211

Monument commemorating the settlement of St. Charles. Dedicated in 1955 by the DUP Mary Windley Camp. 

DUP Marker #238

Monument commemorating the arrival of the first permanent settlers in Bear Lake Valley. Relocated from Emigration Canyon to Liberty and dedicated July 18, 1957 by the DUP Bear Lake Company.

DUP Marker #289

Monument marking the first building used for church & school in Paris. Dedicated August 1, 1932 by the DUP Bear Lake Company. 

DUP Marker #294

Monument commemorating the settlement of Fish Haven dedicated in 1964 by the DUP Fish Haven Camp. 

DUP Marker #311

Monument marking the tithing office at Montpelier. Dedicated in 1963 under the auspices of the three (3) DUP Camps in Montpelier. 

DUP Marker #380

Monument commemorating the settlement of Bloomington. Dedicated in 1971 by the DUP Bloomington Camp. 

DUP Marker #410

Monument commemorating the first public building constructed at Georgetown. Dedicated July 16, 1980 by the DUP Twin Creeks Camp. 

DUP Marker #441

Monument marking the cabin built by the Thomas Sleight & Charles Atkins families in which they lived together during the winter of 1863. Dedicated in 1988 by the DUP Elizabeth Passey Camp at Paris.